Located in the midst of what was once "The Wall Street of the West," this 13-story historic building is now live/work condominium units with retail on the ground floor.
Designed by John Parkinson and G. Edwin Bergstrom, and built by famed real estate developer Robert A. Rowan in 1911, the Rowan Building was formerly home to many of the city's oldest and most prominent law offices and stock brokerage firms during the golden years of Los Angeles' downtown area.
Ornate cast iron rosettes hang from the building's cornice while elegant glazed terra cotta panels sheathe the Beaux Arts style facade. Historic interior elements such as Carrara marble corridor walls and floors, mahogany windows, and nickel silver detailed Art Deco elevator doors are restored and preserved. The 206 live/work residences incorporate original exposed brick walls with contemporary elements such as Italian kitchens, glass paneled interior doors, custom bath vanities and new hardwood floors. The flexible living areas feature abundant natural light and expansive city views.
A secluded landscaped area around the perimeter of the building includes oversized trees and bamboo, an expansive lawn, custom fountains, a built-in barbecue and a dog walking area.
|Client:||MSGG Rowan Realty Partners, LLC|
|Area:||280,300SF, 206 units|