Haines Hall, built in two phases starting in 1927, is one of four original UCLA buildings on the historic quad, along with Royce, Powell and Kinsey Halls. As part of a system-wide program of seismic upgrades to historic buildings, Haines hall’s masonry walls were reinforced with concrete shear walls and steel tube bracing. Exterior stairs added in the 1970s were removed and the renovation also included fire life safety upgrades, disabled access improvements and air conditioning. The 134,000 SF building, housing liberal arts classrooms, faculty offices, and ethnic studies libraries, reopened for the 2001 academic year.
|Client:||University of California Los Angeles|